|In addition to being easy to operate, the circulating tool offers a number of design advantages, many of which are outlined below.
- The tool allows a high circulation rate and AVs above the liner top to assist in well cleanout.
- The tool reduces pressure losses in small liner and/or tapered workstring configurations.
- Multi-action feature allows for changing tool position as often as desired.
- Because it is actuated by a simple pickup or slack off on the workstring, the tool is easy to operate.
- Solid one piece body eliminates weak points in the tool.
- Rugged design of the tool allows the workstring to be reciprocated and/or rotated.
- Flexibility in the design allows the tool to be configured to allow rotation of the upper string only, if desired.
- The tool functions as a drain sub when being pulled out of the hole to avoid pulling wet strings.
- Simplicity in the design assures reliable tool functioning.